Uttlesford dustcarts targeted by fuel thieves
MEASURES are being taken to tighten security on Uttlesford District Council premises following a trend of fuel thefts.
Dustcarts kept at the council-owned site in Shire Hill Industrial Estate have been targeted four times in the space of three months – with over �1,600 worth of diesel siphoned by thieves.
The latest incident happened overnight on June 1-2 when 100 litres of diesel, valued at around �600, was siphoned from six dustcarts.
A council spokesman said: “The council continues to work closely with the police over the issue of fuel thefts from vehicles.
“These thefts are of relatively limited amounts of fuel; nonetheless we continue to explore cost-effective security measures in addition to the improvements already made at the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police at Saffron Walden on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire