Uttlesford dustcarts targeted by fuel thieves
MEASURES are being taken to tighten security on Uttlesford District Council premises following a trend of fuel thefts.
Dustcarts kept at the council-owned site in Shire Hill Industrial Estate have been targeted four times in the space of three months – with over �1,600 worth of diesel siphoned by thieves.
The latest incident happened overnight on June 1-2 when 100 litres of diesel, valued at around �600, was siphoned from six dustcarts.
A council spokesman said: “The council continues to work closely with the police over the issue of fuel thefts from vehicles.
“These thefts are of relatively limited amounts of fuel; nonetheless we continue to explore cost-effective security measures in addition to the improvements already made at the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police at Saffron Walden on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100