Uttlesford dustcarts targeted by fuel thieves
MEASURES are being taken to tighten security on Uttlesford District Council premises following a trend of fuel thefts.
Dustcarts kept at the council-owned site in Shire Hill Industrial Estate have been targeted four times in the space of three months – with over �1,600 worth of diesel siphoned by thieves.
The latest incident happened overnight on June 1-2 when 100 litres of diesel, valued at around �600, was siphoned from six dustcarts.
A council spokesman said: “The council continues to work closely with the police over the issue of fuel thefts from vehicles.
“These thefts are of relatively limited amounts of fuel; nonetheless we continue to explore cost-effective security measures in addition to the improvements already made at the site.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about these crimes should contact police at Saffron Walden on 0300 333 4444 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come