Uttlesford establishment named 2013 Pub of the Year by CAMRA
- Credit: Archant
BEER enthusiasts have named The Bell Inn in Wendens Ambo as Pub of the Year for 2013.
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) North West Essex Branch announced its members had chosen the pub for its “consistently excellent quality and range of its beers and ciders, its ambiance and welcoming atmosphere, pub games and its consistent adherence to the campaign’s principles”.
Landlady Anne Guney, who has been involved in the pub for almost eight years, said: “I am proud and honoured to receive this recognition from CAMRA for the hard work put into running The Bell Inn by myself and my fantastic team.
“With the launch of our own brewed beer ‘Wenden Parva’, I do believe 2013 is going to be a great year for us.”
Chairman of the district’s CAMRA branch, Peter Stanley, said: “We are delighted to present this prestigious award to the Bell, reflecting as it does the hard work and commitment shown by licensee Anne Guney.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also appropriate, during CAMRA’s national Community Pubs Month that our award should go to a village pub that is, in every sense of the word, a local ‘community’ pub hosting cricket and rugby teams and village social events.”
The Bell Inn has also been nominated for the cider pub of the year.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road