Uttlesford establishment named 2013 Pub of the Year by CAMRA
- Credit: Archant
BEER enthusiasts have named The Bell Inn in Wendens Ambo as Pub of the Year for 2013.
The Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) North West Essex Branch announced its members had chosen the pub for its “consistently excellent quality and range of its beers and ciders, its ambiance and welcoming atmosphere, pub games and its consistent adherence to the campaign’s principles”.
Landlady Anne Guney, who has been involved in the pub for almost eight years, said: “I am proud and honoured to receive this recognition from CAMRA for the hard work put into running The Bell Inn by myself and my fantastic team.
“With the launch of our own brewed beer ‘Wenden Parva’, I do believe 2013 is going to be a great year for us.”
Chairman of the district’s CAMRA branch, Peter Stanley, said: “We are delighted to present this prestigious award to the Bell, reflecting as it does the hard work and commitment shown by licensee Anne Guney.
You may also want to watch:
“It is also appropriate, during CAMRA’s national Community Pubs Month that our award should go to a village pub that is, in every sense of the word, a local ‘community’ pub hosting cricket and rugby teams and village social events.”
The Bell Inn has also been nominated for the cider pub of the year.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows