Uttlesford has highest turnout across Essex for PCC elections
THE race to become Essex’s new Police and Crime Commissioner is hotting up after no clear winner emerged following the first round of results.
As no candidate has more than 50 per cent of the vote a second round will be required - adding up the second preferences of voters.
The highest turnout across the county was in Uttlesford - 15.62 per cent. Overall turnout across Essex has been confirmed as 13.06 per cent – 171,617 out of the county’s 1,313,745 took part in yesterday’s election.
Only one in seven voters took part.
After the first round, the number of votes for each candidate in Uttlesford were as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Nick Alston 4314
• Mick Thwaites 1617
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
• Linda Belgrove 1394
• Val Morris-Cook 958
• Andrew Smith 761
• Robin Tilbrook 448
The second preference votes are now being counted, and results are now expected to be declared today.