Uttlesford: Health Trainer service heralds healthier future
PEOPLE across Uttlesford can look forward to a healthier future after the NHS commissioned one of the country’s largest and most successful social enterprise healthcare providers to provide a community Health Trainer service.
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE) has been awarded a one-year contract by NHS West Essex to provide the service which will be based on ACE’s successful Health Trainer service in north east Essex.
The service, which is completely free, will aim to support people to make healthier choices and adopt healthier lifestyles, particularly those in hard to reach groups and in deprived areas.
Sue Felgate, health trainer service lead at ACE, said: “ACE will deliver a Health Trainer service in west Essex as an extension to our well established and highly successful programme in north east Essex. The service will benefit from our expertise and resources in this specialist area and will be carefully designed to meet the needs of the population in west Essex.
“It is a service which makes a real hands-on difference to people’s health. We are thrilled to be awarded this contract by NHS West Essex and look forward to providing the best possible support and access to services for the residents of west Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
Helen Horricks from NHS West Essex said: “The Health Trainer service has huge potential to improve the health of the population. In awarding this contract to ACE, we believe we are bringing in a very experienced organisation with a track record of success. I am confident this is a hands-on service which can make a real difference to people.”
ACE’s contract commences on April 1. People interested in receiving help from the health coach service or who may be interested in receiving training to become a volunteer Health Trainer champion can contact 0800 731 3133.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 6 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40