Uttlesford: Health Trainer service heralds healthier future
PEOPLE across Uttlesford can look forward to a healthier future after the NHS commissioned one of the country’s largest and most successful social enterprise healthcare providers to provide a community Health Trainer service.
Anglian Community Enterprise (ACE) has been awarded a one-year contract by NHS West Essex to provide the service which will be based on ACE’s successful Health Trainer service in north east Essex.
The service, which is completely free, will aim to support people to make healthier choices and adopt healthier lifestyles, particularly those in hard to reach groups and in deprived areas.
Sue Felgate, health trainer service lead at ACE, said: “ACE will deliver a Health Trainer service in west Essex as an extension to our well established and highly successful programme in north east Essex. The service will benefit from our expertise and resources in this specialist area and will be carefully designed to meet the needs of the population in west Essex.
“It is a service which makes a real hands-on difference to people’s health. We are thrilled to be awarded this contract by NHS West Essex and look forward to providing the best possible support and access to services for the residents of west Essex.”
You may also want to watch:
Helen Horricks from NHS West Essex said: “The Health Trainer service has huge potential to improve the health of the population. In awarding this contract to ACE, we believe we are bringing in a very experienced organisation with a track record of success. I am confident this is a hands-on service which can make a real difference to people.”
ACE’s contract commences on April 1. People interested in receiving help from the health coach service or who may be interested in receiving training to become a volunteer Health Trainer champion can contact 0800 731 3133.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold