Uttlesford lifeguard trainer assessor shortlisted for national award for services to water safety
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre worker from Saffron Walden is to be given a prestigious Royal Life Saving Society’s award for lifeguard training assessor of the year.
Tanya Bartram will be presented will the award tomorrow (Friday) at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. The awards aim to recognise exceptional instruction, assessment and development skillsfor pool lifeguard training.
Tanya, who has worked at Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre for over 15 years, is the only 1Life lifeguard training assessor to have been nominated.
She impressed the judges with her dedication to helping lifeguards gain their qualifications as well as for the support she gives fellow members of staff.
Tanya said: “I’m honoured to be nominated for the lifeguard training assessor of the year award – it’s great to have been recognised by the Royal Life Saving Society. I’d like to thank the staff at both leisure centres for all their support over the past few years, it’s been an absolute pleasure working there and seeing so many lifesavers progress and improve their abilities.”
Phil Wallis, contract manager at the leisure centres, added: “Tanya shows great commitment to her job in Uttlesford and on behalf of everyone at the centre, I’d like to thank Tanya for all her hard work over the years – a truly deserving recipient of the award.”
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 8 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 9 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden