Uttlesford lifeguard trainer assessor shortlisted for national award for services to water safety
- Credit: Archant
A leisure centre worker from Saffron Walden is to be given a prestigious Royal Life Saving Society’s award for lifeguard training assessor of the year.
Tanya Bartram will be presented will the award tomorrow (Friday) at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. The awards aim to recognise exceptional instruction, assessment and development skillsfor pool lifeguard training.
Tanya, who has worked at Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow Leisure Centre for over 15 years, is the only 1Life lifeguard training assessor to have been nominated.
She impressed the judges with her dedication to helping lifeguards gain their qualifications as well as for the support she gives fellow members of staff.
Tanya said: “I’m honoured to be nominated for the lifeguard training assessor of the year award – it’s great to have been recognised by the Royal Life Saving Society. I’d like to thank the staff at both leisure centres for all their support over the past few years, it’s been an absolute pleasure working there and seeing so many lifesavers progress and improve their abilities.”
You may also want to watch:
Phil Wallis, contract manager at the leisure centres, added: “Tanya shows great commitment to her job in Uttlesford and on behalf of everyone at the centre, I’d like to thank Tanya for all her hard work over the years – a truly deserving recipient of the award.”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal