Uttlesford primary schools compete in thrilling general knowledge quiz
- Credit: Archant
WHAT is a Stradivarius? When was the Russian Revolution? What gas makes Neptune look so blue?
These were some of the brain-teasers posed when the Quiz Club National Inter-School Quiz Championship 2012/2013 came to Dame Bradbury’s School for a local area heat, putting five primary schools through their paces in a tense and exciting general knowledge challenge.
After 40 nerve-wracking questions, Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 came first with 2,250 points, having led almost from the start, but with Felsted’s Team 2 following closely behind throughout.
Felsted 2 came second, with 2,090 points, and Dame Bradbury’s Team 1 was in third place on 2,015 points.
Twelve teams took part, from Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’ School, Felsted Preparatory School, Howe Green House and Cambridge International School.
You may also want to watch:
Th championship involves more than 1,200 UK primary schools competing in a high-tech quiz at 120 locations across the country. Teams comprise four players, one from each year group from Year 3 to 6.
Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 will now go forward to the semi-finals, hoping for a place in the national finals in July.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
“This was an exciting competition that gave children a great opportunity to show their excellent general knowledge, and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere,” said deputy head (Prep) Debs White.