Uttlesford primary schools compete in thrilling general knowledge quiz
- Credit: Archant
WHAT is a Stradivarius? When was the Russian Revolution? What gas makes Neptune look so blue?
These were some of the brain-teasers posed when the Quiz Club National Inter-School Quiz Championship 2012/2013 came to Dame Bradbury’s School for a local area heat, putting five primary schools through their paces in a tense and exciting general knowledge challenge.
After 40 nerve-wracking questions, Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 came first with 2,250 points, having led almost from the start, but with Felsted’s Team 2 following closely behind throughout.
Felsted 2 came second, with 2,090 points, and Dame Bradbury’s Team 1 was in third place on 2,015 points.
Twelve teams took part, from Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’ School, Felsted Preparatory School, Howe Green House and Cambridge International School.
You may also want to watch:
Th championship involves more than 1,200 UK primary schools competing in a high-tech quiz at 120 locations across the country. Teams comprise four players, one from each year group from Year 3 to 6.
Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 will now go forward to the semi-finals, hoping for a place in the national finals in July.
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 8 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 'Not now, Bernard' - Children's concert to open Saffron Walden Symphony Orchestra's new season
“This was an exciting competition that gave children a great opportunity to show their excellent general knowledge, and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere,” said deputy head (Prep) Debs White.