Uttlesford primary schools compete in thrilling general knowledge quiz
- Credit: Archant
WHAT is a Stradivarius? When was the Russian Revolution? What gas makes Neptune look so blue?
These were some of the brain-teasers posed when the Quiz Club National Inter-School Quiz Championship 2012/2013 came to Dame Bradbury’s School for a local area heat, putting five primary schools through their paces in a tense and exciting general knowledge challenge.
After 40 nerve-wracking questions, Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 came first with 2,250 points, having led almost from the start, but with Felsted’s Team 2 following closely behind throughout.
Felsted 2 came second, with 2,090 points, and Dame Bradbury’s Team 1 was in third place on 2,015 points.
Twelve teams took part, from Dame Bradbury’s, Friends’ School, Felsted Preparatory School, Howe Green House and Cambridge International School.
Th championship involves more than 1,200 UK primary schools competing in a high-tech quiz at 120 locations across the country. Teams comprise four players, one from each year group from Year 3 to 6.
Dame Bradbury’s Team 2 will now go forward to the semi-finals, hoping for a place in the national finals in July.
- 1 Essex Eagles hit Glamorgan hard in Vitality Blast best
- 2 Uttlesford Local Plan delay 'necessary' say councillors
- 3 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 4 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 5 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 6 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 7 Debden man fundraising for Mind with 480km walk
- 8 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Former teaching assistant is jailed
“This was an exciting competition that gave children a great opportunity to show their excellent general knowledge, and to compete in a friendly but challenging atmosphere,” said deputy head (Prep) Debs White.