Uttlesford records slight rise in Covid-19 cases
- Credit: GETTY IMAGES
Uttlesford has recorded a slight rise in Covid-19 infection rates, while neighbouring Braintree saw its cases fall, latest figures reveal.
Weekly statistics to March 18 - the most up to date available - show the case rate in Uttlesford go up to 34 per 100,000 people from 26.3 the previous week.
However, Braintree saw cases drop from 34.7 to 29.5.
The district with the lowest weekly case rate is Maldon, at 10.8 while the highest is Castle Point, with a rate of 68.6.
Dr Mike Gogarty, Essex County Council’s Director of Public Health, said: “We have seen a marginal decrease in the overall Covid-19 rate for Essex, which is reassuring.
You may also want to watch:
“However, some specific areas have also seen small increases.
"While this is something we would expect to happen as the decrease in levels of Covid-19 flattens and restrictions start to ease, it is a clear reminder that we must not drop our guard."
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 9 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 10 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns