Uttlesford residents can have their say at PCC’s next public meeting in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Residents living in Uttlesford have the chance to raise their crime-related questions and concerns with Police and Crime Commissioner for Essex, Nick Alston.
The PCC is hosting his next public meeting to discuss local crime and community safety issues in Saffron Walden on Thursday, May 14.
The meeting will take place at Saffron Walden Town Hall in Market place, and run from 6.30-8.30pm. Crime trends and figures for the area will be discussed as well as other key issues of concern.
The public will also be given the chance to ask their questions of PCC Nick Alston and Uttlesford’s District Commander Chief Insp Richard Melton, who will speak about the actions being taken by local officers to keep the area safe.
“I encourage everyone who lives in the Uttlesford area to come along to the meeting and raise the issues that matter to them around crime and policing,” said Mr Alston.
You may also want to watch:
“As well as discussing crime trends and issues of concern in the area people also have the opportunity to ask questions of both myself and the District Commander.
“If you care about keeping Uttlesford safe, please come along to the meeting and be part of the debate.”
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 6 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 9 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings
- 10 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
People who do not want to raise issues or concerns publicly at the meeting, can do so privately in a one to one surgery with the PCC ahead of the meeting. To ensure the smooth running of the surgeries, these are run on an appointment-only basis. Any member of the public who would like a one to one with Nick Alston can contact the PCC office directly on 01245 291600 or use the online booking form on the PCC website here: http://www.essex.pcc.police.uk/pcc-surgeries/