Uttlesford residents can walk their way to health – and even help others do the same
UTTLESFORD District council is looking for volunteer walk leaders for its successful series of heath walks.
Leaders are needed for walks at the following locations and times: Little Hallingbury on Monday mornings, Thaxted on Tuesday mornings, Dunmow on Wednesday mornings and Hatfield Heath and Stansted on Friday mornings.
Community outreach worker Paul Goddard said: “If you are interested in helping with any of these walks, please come and join us on a free day’s training on Tuesday May 31 at the Uttlesford District Council offices in Saffron Walden. During the training we will go outside for a walk, so come suitably dressed.”
Anyone interested should meet in the reception area at the council offices at 9.30am for a 10am start. The training should finish at 3pm and drinks and snacks will be provided.
To register for a place or for more information, contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or e-mail email@example.com
The district council is also offering a new series of Nordic Walking courses. Each three-week course costs �20, including hire of walking poles and each lesson lasts two hours.
The Nordic Walking courses are as follows:
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 3 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 4 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 5 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 6 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 7 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 8 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 9 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 10 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
• Saffron Walden, starts Thursday May 19. Meet at Swan Meadow car park (next to the pond) at 6.30pm
• Thaxted, starts Tuesday May 24. Meet at Margaret Street car park at 6.30pm
• Dunmow, starts Thursday May 26. Meet at the Dourdan Pavilion at 1pm
To register and pay for a Nordic Walking course, call Uttlesford District Council’s customer service centre on 01799 510510.