Uttlesford residents can walk their way to health – and even help others do the same
UTTLESFORD District council is looking for volunteer walk leaders for its successful series of heath walks.
Leaders are needed for walks at the following locations and times: Little Hallingbury on Monday mornings, Thaxted on Tuesday mornings, Dunmow on Wednesday mornings and Hatfield Heath and Stansted on Friday mornings.
Community outreach worker Paul Goddard said: “If you are interested in helping with any of these walks, please come and join us on a free day’s training on Tuesday May 31 at the Uttlesford District Council offices in Saffron Walden. During the training we will go outside for a walk, so come suitably dressed.”
Anyone interested should meet in the reception area at the council offices at 9.30am for a 10am start. The training should finish at 3pm and drinks and snacks will be provided.
To register for a place or for more information, contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or e-mail email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
The district council is also offering a new series of Nordic Walking courses. Each three-week course costs �20, including hire of walking poles and each lesson lasts two hours.
The Nordic Walking courses are as follows:
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 3 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 6 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
• Saffron Walden, starts Thursday May 19. Meet at Swan Meadow car park (next to the pond) at 6.30pm
• Thaxted, starts Tuesday May 24. Meet at Margaret Street car park at 6.30pm
• Dunmow, starts Thursday May 26. Meet at the Dourdan Pavilion at 1pm
To register and pay for a Nordic Walking course, call Uttlesford District Council’s customer service centre on 01799 510510.