Uttlesford residents invited to help shape west Essex health services
THE GP-led West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has issued an open invitation to all residents of Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford to get involved in plans for local health services.
A programme of open meetings is being set up with local councils to discuss changes to services for older people and emergency and urgent care services.
Residents, voluntary groups and other organisations are invited to join the discussions - everyone is welcome.
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are working on a number of radical changes over the next three years. One example is developing joined up health and local authority teams providing care for older people at home and in care homes, avoiding the need for a hospital stay.
“We are looking at similar improvements in children’s services and redesigning our network of emergency and out of hours services.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who is interested in health issues to come along and help shape these plans.”
So far meetings have been arranged for Harlow and Uttlesford, the details are below. A meeting with Epping Forest Council is also being arranged – details to be circulated shortly.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
Information about the WECCG is available from westessexccg.nhs.uk
• September 17, 2012
Harlow District Council
The Water Gardens
Essex CM20 1WG
• September 18, 2012
Uttlesford District Council