Uttlesford residents invited to help shape west Essex health services
THE GP-led West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has issued an open invitation to all residents of Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford to get involved in plans for local health services.
A programme of open meetings is being set up with local councils to discuss changes to services for older people and emergency and urgent care services.
Residents, voluntary groups and other organisations are invited to join the discussions - everyone is welcome.
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are working on a number of radical changes over the next three years. One example is developing joined up health and local authority teams providing care for older people at home and in care homes, avoiding the need for a hospital stay.
“We are looking at similar improvements in children’s services and redesigning our network of emergency and out of hours services.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who is interested in health issues to come along and help shape these plans.”
So far meetings have been arranged for Harlow and Uttlesford, the details are below. A meeting with Epping Forest Council is also being arranged – details to be circulated shortly.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
Information about the WECCG is available from westessexccg.nhs.uk
• September 17, 2012
Harlow District Council
The Water Gardens
Essex CM20 1WG
• September 18, 2012
Uttlesford District Council