Uttlesford residents invited to help shape west Essex health services
THE GP-led West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) has issued an open invitation to all residents of Epping Forest, Harlow and Uttlesford to get involved in plans for local health services.
A programme of open meetings is being set up with local councils to discuss changes to services for older people and emergency and urgent care services.
Residents, voluntary groups and other organisations are invited to join the discussions - everyone is welcome.
Dr Rob Gerlis, chairman of West Essex NHS Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are working on a number of radical changes over the next three years. One example is developing joined up health and local authority teams providing care for older people at home and in care homes, avoiding the need for a hospital stay.
“We are looking at similar improvements in children’s services and redesigning our network of emergency and out of hours services.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone who is interested in health issues to come along and help shape these plans.”
So far meetings have been arranged for Harlow and Uttlesford, the details are below. A meeting with Epping Forest Council is also being arranged – details to be circulated shortly.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Information about the WECCG is available from westessexccg.nhs.uk
• September 17, 2012
Harlow District Council
The Water Gardens
Essex CM20 1WG
• September 18, 2012
Uttlesford District Council