Uttlesford’s businesses are offered free retail selling workshops
A series of retail selling workshops are being offered to the district’s businesses.
The workshops - being held over two evenings both in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow - are specifically designed for employees or business owners who sell products and/or services to “walk-in” customers in a retail environment.
The aims are to: Give staff confidence to enhance the shopping experience for customers; help delegates to increase their sales figures by selling more professionally.
Delegates will actively participate in role-playing exercises and repetitive skills practise. The focus will be on improving key performance areas of attitude, preparation, approach. effective communication, closing skills, adding value and personal motivation.
The workshops, instigated by Uttlesford District Council and funded by the High Street Innovation Fund, are free of charge. They take place on:
You may also want to watch:
• Monday, November 18, and Tuesday, November 19 at the Flitch Room in the Saracens Head, Great Dunmow (5-9pm)
• Monday, November 25, and Tuesday, November 26 at No.1 Myddylton Place, Saffron Walden (5-9pm)
- 1 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 2 Tools collection is a huge success
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
Each workshop is open to anyone living, or who has a business, in Uttlesford and will be delivered over two consecutive evenings. Delegates will need to be able to attend both evenings to complete a workshop.
To book a place or for more information, call Ignite Business Services on 01376 340770.