Uttlesford's car parks to be run from Colchester
PUBLIC car parks and parking enforcement across Uttlesford will now be run from an office in Colchester in a bid to save money. Parking operations in Braintree, Colchester and Uttlesford have been combined to form the Parking Partnership, but councillors
PUBLIC car parks and parking enforcement across Uttlesford will now be run from an office in Colchester in a bid to save money.
Parking operations in Braintree, Colchester and Uttlesford have been combined to form the Parking Partnership, but councillors have said there will be no loss of service.
Chairman of Uttlesford District Council's environment committee Cllr Susan Barker said: "Although the customer will see no difference in the delivery of parking enforcement, this new partnership, combining the resources of the three councils behind the scenes, will deliver front-line services in a more cost-effective and efficient way."
Applications for parking permits, season tickets and payments of penalty charge notices will still be able to be made at local offices but will now be processed at the central office in Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
There will not be any designated parking staff available at the local offices since correspondence will be handled by the central office in Colchester, although written appeals against penalty charge notices can be handed in at the local offices.
Appeals can also be made online at www.colchester.gov.uk. Legislation requires that appeals must be made in writing and decisions cannot be given over the telephone.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
The new address to send all parking correspondence for the whole partnership area will be: Parking Partnership, PO Box 5575, Colchester, CO1 1XQ. All telephone enquiries can be made on 01206 282316.