Uttlesford sight loss charity calls for volunteers to ‘help make a difference’ in the community
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden-based charity wants YOUR help to make a difference to those who are experiencing sight loss.
Can you imagine suddenly losing your sight? Where would you go for help? Who would you turn to for support? Where would you get that vital information you need?
This is the reality faced by approximately 4,500 people in mid-Essex.
Uttlesford-based Support 4 Sight, which assists thousands of people throughout the county, is seeking the help of caring volunteers who have experienced sight loss, or those who simply want to help by offering support. This would be at the eye clinics and on home visits in the Braintree and Chelmsford areas.
Volunteer manager Paul Atkins said: “These opportunities are very rewarding and will give the much needed support at the very early stages of sight loss.
You may also want to watch:
“Your involvement could make a world of difference to someone who has no knowledge of the services available to a visually impaired person, which could change their life for the better.”
Support 4 Sight offers full training to ensure volunteers have a good understanding of the charity and feel confident when giving out information, support and advice.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 7 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
To get involved, contact Mr Atkins on 01799 523700 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call into the centre at 2 & 4 George Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EQ.