Uttlesford sight loss charity calls for volunteers to ‘help make a difference’ in the community
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden-based charity wants YOUR help to make a difference to those who are experiencing sight loss.
Can you imagine suddenly losing your sight? Where would you go for help? Who would you turn to for support? Where would you get that vital information you need?
This is the reality faced by approximately 4,500 people in mid-Essex.
Uttlesford-based Support 4 Sight, which assists thousands of people throughout the county, is seeking the help of caring volunteers who have experienced sight loss, or those who simply want to help by offering support. This would be at the eye clinics and on home visits in the Braintree and Chelmsford areas.
Volunteer manager Paul Atkins said: “These opportunities are very rewarding and will give the much needed support at the very early stages of sight loss.
“Your involvement could make a world of difference to someone who has no knowledge of the services available to a visually impaired person, which could change their life for the better.”
Support 4 Sight offers full training to ensure volunteers have a good understanding of the charity and feel confident when giving out information, support and advice.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 5 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 6 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 7 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 8 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 9 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 10 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
To get involved, contact Mr Atkins on 01799 523700 or e-mail email@example.com or call into the centre at 2 & 4 George Street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1EQ.