Uttlesford to clean up its act for Community Clear Up Day
- Credit: Archant
Will you get your hands dirty for your community?
Residents, community groups, parish councils, clubs and societies are being called on to take part in the first ever Community Clear Up Day next weekend.
On Saturday, March 21, groups throughout Uttlesford are encouraged to pitch in and organise their own litter picks and community clean-up groups.
The nationwide spring clean, coordinated by Uttlesford District Council, will coincide with the first day of the new season.
“This is a great opportunity for communities to join together and take pride in where they live,” said Councillor Susan Barker, Cabinet Member for Environmental Services.
You may also want to watch:
“Uttlesford District Council spends almost £300,000 a year to keep the streets clean. But we need everyone’s help too – by all doing our bit, and by working together, we can ensure that this district remains one of the most beautiful areas to live in the country.”
So far more than a dozen parish councils in Uttlesford have organised litter pick events, either on or near to 21 March. To find out if your parish council is involved, please contact your local parish clerk.
A Community Clear Up Day toolkit with information, leaflets, posters, banners and tips for planning your own event is available to download thegreatbritishhighstreet.co.uk/clearupday
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road