Uttlesford to consult on car parking in district
RESIDENTS and businesses across Uttlesford are to be asked for their views on car parking in the district.
Uttlesford District Council’s Scrutiny Committee has set up a working group after deciding to look into its current parking arrangements.
And as part of its work the group has drawn up two separate questionnaires which it is urging residents and businesses to fill in.
Responses will be fed into a report the group will present to the Scrutiny Committee, which can recommend changes to the council’s cabinet on or off-street parking arrangements.
Cllr Iris Evans, who chairs the car parking task group, said: “This is a chance for residents and businesses to have their say about their experiences of using our car parks.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to know what people think about how well the car parks are maintained, whether there are enough parking places, the level of fees, ways of paying and residents’ parking schemes.
“I urge residents and businesses to fill in the questionnaires so that we can gather as much information as possible in order to improve car parking provision in Uttlesford.”
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 4 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
You can respond to the questionnaires online by going to uttlesford.gov.uk/parkingsurvey - but please ensure you fill in the correct one.
Paper copies of the questionnaires will also be available from the following locations:
• The UDC offices in London Road, Saffron Walden
• Saffron Walden Library
• Saffron Walden Tourist Information centre
• Great Dunmow Library
• Stansted Mountfitchet Library
• Thaxted Library
Closing date for responding to the questionnaires is Monday September 9.