Uttlesford to consult on car parking in district
RESIDENTS and businesses across Uttlesford are to be asked for their views on car parking in the district.
Uttlesford District Council’s Scrutiny Committee has set up a working group after deciding to look into its current parking arrangements.
And as part of its work the group has drawn up two separate questionnaires which it is urging residents and businesses to fill in.
Responses will be fed into a report the group will present to the Scrutiny Committee, which can recommend changes to the council’s cabinet on or off-street parking arrangements.
Cllr Iris Evans, who chairs the car parking task group, said: “This is a chance for residents and businesses to have their say about their experiences of using our car parks.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to know what people think about how well the car parks are maintained, whether there are enough parking places, the level of fees, ways of paying and residents’ parking schemes.
“I urge residents and businesses to fill in the questionnaires so that we can gather as much information as possible in order to improve car parking provision in Uttlesford.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
You can respond to the questionnaires online by going to uttlesford.gov.uk/parkingsurvey - but please ensure you fill in the correct one.
Paper copies of the questionnaires will also be available from the following locations:
• The UDC offices in London Road, Saffron Walden
• Saffron Walden Library
• Saffron Walden Tourist Information centre
• Great Dunmow Library
• Stansted Mountfitchet Library
• Thaxted Library
Closing date for responding to the questionnaires is Monday September 9.