Uttlesford walkers on the front foot
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday.
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday (September 26).
Uttlesford District Council’s community outreach officer, Paul Goddard, will be leading a one-mile walk, which sets off from the Tourist Information Centre in the Market Square at 10.30am.
The route will take in some of the sights of Saffron Walden, including St Mary’s Church, The Old Sun Inn and Castle Street.
Mr Goddard said: “This walk is one of many taking place across the country as part of Walk4Life, an offshoot of health and exercise initiative Change4Life.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea is to bring walking as a form of exercise to people’s attention. We hope to get a lot of people on board on Sunday: as the walk’s only a mile long it really is suitable for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.”
The walk is completely free. To find out more contact Paul on 01799 510585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
More information can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk and walk4life.info