Uttlesford walkers on the front foot
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday.
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday (September 26).
Uttlesford District Council’s community outreach officer, Paul Goddard, will be leading a one-mile walk, which sets off from the Tourist Information Centre in the Market Square at 10.30am.
The route will take in some of the sights of Saffron Walden, including St Mary’s Church, The Old Sun Inn and Castle Street.
Mr Goddard said: “This walk is one of many taking place across the country as part of Walk4Life, an offshoot of health and exercise initiative Change4Life.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea is to bring walking as a form of exercise to people’s attention. We hope to get a lot of people on board on Sunday: as the walk’s only a mile long it really is suitable for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.”
The walk is completely free. To find out more contact Paul on 01799 510585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
More information can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk and walk4life.info