Uttlesford walkers on the front foot
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday.
A COMMUNITY event aiming to raise the profile of walking as a form of exercise is taking place in Saffron Walden on Sunday (September 26).
Uttlesford District Council’s community outreach officer, Paul Goddard, will be leading a one-mile walk, which sets off from the Tourist Information Centre in the Market Square at 10.30am.
The route will take in some of the sights of Saffron Walden, including St Mary’s Church, The Old Sun Inn and Castle Street.
Mr Goddard said: “This walk is one of many taking place across the country as part of Walk4Life, an offshoot of health and exercise initiative Change4Life.
You may also want to watch:
“The idea is to bring walking as a form of exercise to people’s attention. We hope to get a lot of people on board on Sunday: as the walk’s only a mile long it really is suitable for everyone, regardless of age or fitness level.”
The walk is completely free. To find out more contact Paul on 01799 510585 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 7 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 8 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Film festival to screen heart-warming movie as part of online series
More information can be found at uttlesford.gov.uk and walk4life.info