V Festival tickets to top the guest list of Essex Crimestoppers online raffle
TWO weekend VIP tickets for this year’s V Festival in Chelmsford are on offer as part on an online raffle to raise money for the independent crime-fighting charity Crimestoppers in Essex.
The two-day festival at Hylands Park on August 17 and 18 includes headliners Beyonce, The Script, Kings of Leon and Stereophonics.
The online raffle, organised by Essex Crimestoppers volunteer Shani Jackson, includes prizes such as access to a spa for the day, a cut and finish at a salon, entry to several local attractions, jewellery, wine and toys - all donated by Essex businesses.
The raffle tickets will be drawn at random on Sunday September 1 at 2pm with people being notified by e-mail in due course what they have won.
But top of the guest list are the V festival tickets which will be done on the same webpage but via a special auction. The highest bidder at the close of the competition on Sunday August 11 at 1pm will be notified by e-mail and sent the tickets directly.
You may also want to watch:
Although most of the raffle prizes are to be used in Essex and the V Festival tickets are for the Essex site the raffle and auction is open to anyone over the age of 16 from across the UK.
If bidding for the V Festival tickets they must be available to travel the weekend of August 17 and 18 and any travel costs must be met by the winner. To enter go to justgiving.com/shanijackson
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Crimestoppers is an independent charity which operates the free 0800 555 111 hotline for people to pass on information about crime and criminals 100 per cent anonymously. No names or personal details are asked for, calls are not traced or recorded and those who give information do not have to give a statement to police or go to court.
Information can also be given anonymously online at crimestoppers-uk.org