Valentine's Day: Top 10 gifts to impress your partner
1. The simplest of all. Create your own Valentine s Day card and inside compose a poem or write an expression of love that expresses your feelings and personality. 2. Using
1. The simplest of all. Create your own Valentine's Day card and inside compose a poem or write an expression of love that expresses your feelings and personality.
2. Using photographs, letters, memorabilia and keepsakes, make a 'love scrapbook' filled with all the memories of the years gone by.
3. Make a CD of all of the songs that you share affection for: love songs, fun songs or ones that spring to mind from weekends away.
4. Jewellery is always a favourite - maybe more for women then men, but that balance does seem to be shifting.
5. Flowers tend to last no more than a few days - give silk or glass flowers, which will last forever. However if your beloved has green fingers, give a flowering plant to put in the garden to enjoy year after year.
6. Food is still the best way to a loved ones heart! Try and prepare your partner's favourite dinner and serve it on a romantically set table and dine by candlelight on Valentine's Day.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
7. Men are notoriously hard to buy for - so for the man in your life hunt for a personalised gift connected to his favourite hobby, simple things could include golf balls that say 'I Love You' or 'You're a Hit'.
8. Plan a romantic, surprise weekend and get away from it all. Or take lessons together to share in each other's interests like dancing, cooking or learning a language.
9. If you plan to propose on Valentine's Day, hide the engagement ring in a box of chocolate or at the bottom of a heart-shaped flute filled with champagne.
10. Finally, Breakfast in bed. Get the day off to the best start possible with a romantic tray of the finest breakfast goodies - and don't forget to include the gift and card.