Valentine's Day: Top 10 gifts to impress your partner
1. The simplest of all. Create your own Valentine s Day card and inside compose a poem or write an expression of love that expresses your feelings and personality. 2. Using
1. The simplest of all. Create your own Valentine's Day card and inside compose a poem or write an expression of love that expresses your feelings and personality.
2. Using photographs, letters, memorabilia and keepsakes, make a 'love scrapbook' filled with all the memories of the years gone by.
3. Make a CD of all of the songs that you share affection for: love songs, fun songs or ones that spring to mind from weekends away.
4. Jewellery is always a favourite - maybe more for women then men, but that balance does seem to be shifting.
You may also want to watch:
5. Flowers tend to last no more than a few days - give silk or glass flowers, which will last forever. However if your beloved has green fingers, give a flowering plant to put in the garden to enjoy year after year.
6. Food is still the best way to a loved ones heart! Try and prepare your partner's favourite dinner and serve it on a romantically set table and dine by candlelight on Valentine's Day.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
7. Men are notoriously hard to buy for - so for the man in your life hunt for a personalised gift connected to his favourite hobby, simple things could include golf balls that say 'I Love You' or 'You're a Hit'.
8. Plan a romantic, surprise weekend and get away from it all. Or take lessons together to share in each other's interests like dancing, cooking or learning a language.
9. If you plan to propose on Valentine's Day, hide the engagement ring in a box of chocolate or at the bottom of a heart-shaped flute filled with champagne.
10. Finally, Breakfast in bed. Get the day off to the best start possible with a romantic tray of the finest breakfast goodies - and don't forget to include the gift and card.