Valentines Day: Save money and energy
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year. According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14. The
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year.
According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14.
Turn off your lights, draw the curtains, un-plug the TV and dine by candlelight - it's romantic and will save you money
You may also want to watch:
Save water and share a romantic bath together.
Send your loved one an e-card to avoid waste and that last minute dash to the shop the night before.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
Rather than drive to a restaurant - take a romantic evening stroll there. This will save you money on your fuel and will help burn the meal off on the walk back home.
For more information on how to give your home a big warm hug this Valentines Day call your local Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012, and ask an Energy Saving Trust advisor for information on insulating your home and the grants that may be available to help you.
You can also call the advice centre free to speak to one of our advisors about renewable energy technologies and to find out how you can stop wasting around �300 every year on your home energy bills by carrying out a free home energy check, over the phone with an advisor.
Call free on 0800 512 012 or visit energysavingtrust.org.uk.