Valentines Day: Save money and energy
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year. According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14. The
VALENTINES DAY is just around the corner, and here are some top tips to save money on the most romantic day of the year.
According to the Energy Saving Trust there are many things you can do to help fight climate change and save energy on February 14.
Turn off your lights, draw the curtains, un-plug the TV and dine by candlelight - it's romantic and will save you money
Save water and share a romantic bath together.
Send your loved one an e-card to avoid waste and that last minute dash to the shop the night before.
- 1 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 2 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 3 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 4 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 5 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Former teaching assistant is jailed
- 10 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
Rather than drive to a restaurant - take a romantic evening stroll there. This will save you money on your fuel and will help burn the meal off on the walk back home.
For more information on how to give your home a big warm hug this Valentines Day call your local Energy Saving Trust advice centre on 0800 512 012, and ask an Energy Saving Trust advisor for information on insulating your home and the grants that may be available to help you.
You can also call the advice centre free to speak to one of our advisors about renewable energy technologies and to find out how you can stop wasting around �300 every year on your home energy bills by carrying out a free home energy check, over the phone with an advisor.
Call free on 0800 512 012 or visit energysavingtrust.org.uk.