Video: Have you seen this man? Police release CCTV footage of Great Dunmow hotel theft
- Credit: Archant
Hooded thieves made off with more than £2,000, after gaining entry to a safe and stealing a cash drawer from a hotel.
The drawer, which was later found discarded in undergrowth close to the premises, contained around £600.
The remainder of the cash, belonging to Skyline Hotel, Chelmsford Road, Great Dunmow, was taken from a petty cash box and safe.
CCTV footage shows two men in the reception area of the hotel between 3am on June 17 and 9.45am on June 18.
Although both were wearing hooded tops with the hoods covering their heads, one man looks straight at one of the cameras, capturing a clear image of his face.
You may also want to watch:
The men walked into the hotel via the front doors, which are left insecure for guests. Once inside they went into the bar and restaurant area, causing £430 of damage by forcing the internal doors.
The thieves, who got away with £2,020, also removed a whole safe which was screwed inside a file cabinet, as well as a computer hard drive and a master key to all the areas.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Investigating officer, PC Bloomfield, of Saffron Walden police station said: “The CCTV footage of one of the suspects is extremely good. I am hoping somebody will recognise him and identify him to police.”
Anybody with any information should call PC Bloomfield at Saffron Walden police station on 101.