Village pre-school store is grateful for supermarket donation
- Credit: Archant
Clavering & Arkesden Pre-School received a donation from the village’s supermarket, thanks to a charitable initiative.
The M&M supermarket Nisa Local runs the ‘Making a Difference Locally’ scheme, which sees money raised from customer purchases being donated in support of community projects.
Pre-school manager Donna Palmer was joined by pre-school commitee chairman Hayley Joseph and vice-chairman Jemma Macfadyen, and some of the children, to accept a cheque for £450 on Tuesday last week.
The money will go towards buying large wooden construction blocks for the children to play with.
Ms Palmer thanked the Nisa, saying: “This is very much appreciated and well needed. It will go to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
Muru Visana, manager of the M&M supermarket, which has donated to the village school, church, Jubilee Field and bowls club through the scheme in recent years, said: “I am glad that this money is so useful to the community.
“It is the people in the village who use the store and benefit from it.
- 1 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 7 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
“The money goes to any organisation in the community that needs it.”