Village pre-school store is grateful for supermarket donation
- Credit: Archant
Clavering & Arkesden Pre-School received a donation from the village’s supermarket, thanks to a charitable initiative.
The M&M supermarket Nisa Local runs the ‘Making a Difference Locally’ scheme, which sees money raised from customer purchases being donated in support of community projects.
Pre-school manager Donna Palmer was joined by pre-school commitee chairman Hayley Joseph and vice-chairman Jemma Macfadyen, and some of the children, to accept a cheque for £450 on Tuesday last week.
The money will go towards buying large wooden construction blocks for the children to play with.
Ms Palmer thanked the Nisa, saying: “This is very much appreciated and well needed. It will go to good use.”
You may also want to watch:
Muru Visana, manager of the M&M supermarket, which has donated to the village school, church, Jubilee Field and bowls club through the scheme in recent years, said: “I am glad that this money is so useful to the community.
“It is the people in the village who use the store and benefit from it.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash
“The money goes to any organisation in the community that needs it.”