Village pre-school store is grateful for supermarket donation
- Credit: Archant
Clavering & Arkesden Pre-School received a donation from the village’s supermarket, thanks to a charitable initiative.
The M&M supermarket Nisa Local runs the ‘Making a Difference Locally’ scheme, which sees money raised from customer purchases being donated in support of community projects.
Pre-school manager Donna Palmer was joined by pre-school commitee chairman Hayley Joseph and vice-chairman Jemma Macfadyen, and some of the children, to accept a cheque for £450 on Tuesday last week.
The money will go towards buying large wooden construction blocks for the children to play with.
Ms Palmer thanked the Nisa, saying: “This is very much appreciated and well needed. It will go to good use.”
Muru Visana, manager of the M&M supermarket, which has donated to the village school, church, Jubilee Field and bowls club through the scheme in recent years, said: “I am glad that this money is so useful to the community.
“It is the people in the village who use the store and benefit from it.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 4 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 5 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
- 6 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 7 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 8 Band on the Run! Radwinter pupils make music with free brass lessons
- 9 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 10 Stansted Airport boss confident that passenger numbers will rally
“The money goes to any organisation in the community that needs it.”