Vintage 1949 Riley destroyed in storage blaze
PUBLISHED: 15:31 27 April 2016 | UPDATED: 15:32 27 April 2016
A vintage car has been destroyed by fire.
Fire crews from Stansted and Newport were sent to Dewes Green Road, Berden, at 9.50am today (Wednesday) after a car storage shed caught alight.
The flames from the polytunnel spread to a 1949 Riley. The fire was extinguished by 10.30am.
Assisting divisional officer Kevin Haywood said: “The polytunnel was engulfed when crews arrived. A rare vintage car inside was also completely destroyed by the fire. We believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
“Firefighters did a very good job in stopping the fire from spreading to a nearby caravan and trees and hedges with limited water supply.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.