Vintage 1949 Riley destroyed in storage blaze
- Credit: Archant
A vintage car has been destroyed by fire.
Fire crews from Stansted and Newport were sent to Dewes Green Road, Berden, at 9.50am today (Wednesday) after a car storage shed caught alight.
The flames from the polytunnel spread to a 1949 Riley. The fire was extinguished by 10.30am.
Assisting divisional officer Kevin Haywood said: “The polytunnel was engulfed when crews arrived. A rare vintage car inside was also completely destroyed by the fire. We believe the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
“Firefighters did a very good job in stopping the fire from spreading to a nearby caravan and trees and hedges with limited water supply.”