Visit Essex team climb Saffron Walden St Mary’s Church to see best views
- Credit: Archant
A team searching for beautiful views in Essex came to Saffron Walden and climbed up St Mary’s Church over theNew Year.
The Visit Essex team, as part of the Live Local Love Local campaign, is touring around the county to find the tallest places with the best views.
They hope it will show everybody how beautiful Essex is, getting rid of any biases they might have.
St Mary’s is the largest church in Essex and the spire is 193 feet tall, 74 steps up.
Climbers were church warden Steve Hasler, marketing and PR manager at Visit Essex Carol Jolly, tourism officer Correne Allcorn, Tourist Information Centre manager Marke Starte, and two photographers.
You may also want to watch:
Carol Jolly said: “What a wonderful way to start the new year.
“Being on top of St Mary’s was a privilege only open to very few individuals, and we were very lucky to be invited.”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
The next stop is Southend-on-Sea in February.