Volunteer chaperone needed for Stansted CAB service
UTTLESFORD CAB urgently needs a volunteer ‘chaperone’ to support its advice service in Stansted Mountfitchet.
A trained adviser, based at Spangles Children’s/Youth Centre, Lower Street, operates an appointment-only CAB service on a fortnightly basis, Thursday 9.30am–12.30pm. This is specially valued in an area where many find transport to the main Uttlesford CAB offices at Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow difficult.
Volunteers are required to work in pairs for their own safety and assurance and the presence of a chaperone is vital for the Stansted service to run. The chaperone welcomes and settles each client while the adviser works through the morning’s appointments.
This would be the perfect volunteering position for someone who perhaps has mobility problems as they are required to do very little but be there and be friendly. It’s the golden opportunity to read a book and be useful all at the same time!
This is an important but stress-free role for a kind and discreet individual. The CAB welcomes all applications, if you are interested please call Kate Robson on 01799 526557 to arrange an interview. No training required, but a CRB check would be necessary.
You may also want to watch:
You can call or email CAB for advice. If a face-to-face appointment is needed it can be organised in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow, Thaxted or Stansted Mountfitchet.
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show