Volunteer chaperone needed for Stansted CAB service
UTTLESFORD CAB urgently needs a volunteer ‘chaperone’ to support its advice service in Stansted Mountfitchet.
A trained adviser, based at Spangles Children’s/Youth Centre, Lower Street, operates an appointment-only CAB service on a fortnightly basis, Thursday 9.30am–12.30pm. This is specially valued in an area where many find transport to the main Uttlesford CAB offices at Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow difficult.
Volunteers are required to work in pairs for their own safety and assurance and the presence of a chaperone is vital for the Stansted service to run. The chaperone welcomes and settles each client while the adviser works through the morning’s appointments.
This would be the perfect volunteering position for someone who perhaps has mobility problems as they are required to do very little but be there and be friendly. It’s the golden opportunity to read a book and be useful all at the same time!
This is an important but stress-free role for a kind and discreet individual. The CAB welcomes all applications, if you are interested please call Kate Robson on 01799 526557 to arrange an interview. No training required, but a CRB check would be necessary.
You can call or email CAB for advice. If a face-to-face appointment is needed it can be organised in Saffron Walden, Great Dunmow, Thaxted or Stansted Mountfitchet.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 3 Saffron Walden County High School student launches campaign for a 'Quiet Room'
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Music therapy top honour includes Walden's Together in Sound
- 8 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
- 9 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 10 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme