Waitrose thief steals cards and withdraws �230
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an unknown suspect stole a woman’s purse in Saffron Walden on October 20.
Between 12.50pm and 1.20pm a thief stole a woman’s Fortnum and Mason black purse, with an estimated value of around �150, and containing bank cards, from inside her insecure handbag which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street, Saffron Walden.
The unknown suspect then used the cards to withdraw �230 from an ATM in Saffron Walden.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
Secondly, AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
- 1 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 2 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 3 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 4 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 7 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 8 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
Thirdly, KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.