Waitrose thief steals cards and withdraws �230
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an unknown suspect stole a woman’s purse in Saffron Walden on October 20.
Between 12.50pm and 1.20pm a thief stole a woman’s Fortnum and Mason black purse, with an estimated value of around �150, and containing bank cards, from inside her insecure handbag which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street, Saffron Walden.
The unknown suspect then used the cards to withdraw �230 from an ATM in Saffron Walden.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
Secondly, AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
- 10 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
Thirdly, KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.