Waitrose thief steals cards and withdraws �230
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an unknown suspect stole a woman’s purse in Saffron Walden on October 20.
Between 12.50pm and 1.20pm a thief stole a woman’s Fortnum and Mason black purse, with an estimated value of around �150, and containing bank cards, from inside her insecure handbag which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street, Saffron Walden.
The unknown suspect then used the cards to withdraw �230 from an ATM in Saffron Walden.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
Firstly, NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
Secondly, AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 6 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 7 Tea party celebrates Saffron Walden Museum volunteers
- 8 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 9 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 10 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
Thirdly, KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.