Waitrose thief steals cards and withdraws �230
POLICE are appealing for information and witnesses after an unknown suspect stole a woman’s purse in Saffron Walden on October 20.
Between 12.50pm and 1.20pm a thief stole a woman’s Fortnum and Mason black purse, with an estimated value of around �150, and containing bank cards, from inside her insecure handbag which was in her trolley whilst she was shopping in Waitrose, Hill Street, Saffron Walden.
The unknown suspect then used the cards to withdraw �230 from an ATM in Saffron Walden.
Police are appealing for anyone with information about this incident to contact officers at Saffron Walden police station on 0300 3334444, or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The key things to remember to keep your valuables safe are:
You may also want to watch:
Firstly, NEVER let your handbag out of your sight. Carry it in front of you – especially if you’re walking through a shop or a town centre.
Secondly, AVOID carrying large amounts of cash, and if your purse or wallet is in a bag, ensure that bag is securely zipped up.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 6 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 9 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 10 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
Thirdly, KEEP your purse or wallet safe at all times. Don’t leave it in your shopping basket, on restaurant or coffee tables, or on shop counters.
Theft can happen very quickly, and you may not notice you’ve been a victim until you next have to make a purchase.