Wake up to Onesie Week!
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren will be swapping their usual uniform to snuggle in their sleepwear for St Clare Hospice’s second annual Onesie Week.
As part of the fundraising campaign – from February 10 to 16 – local schools and youth groups, such as the Brownies and Scouts, are being invited to wear their onesies for the day in exchange for a donation to the Hastingwood-based Hospice.
Last year, Thorn Grove Primary in Bishop’s Stortford was one of the first schools to sign up, raising almost £200 for St Clare.
Headteacher Philippa Roy-Chowdhury said: “The children absolutely loved taking part in Onesie Week and all looked brilliant coming to school in their all-in-ones.
“It was an ideal way to engage them in charity giving in a fun way and to support a local good cause making a real difference to the lives of people in our community.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to wearing their onesies, organisers are encouraging participants to come up with other fundraising ideas, such as holding a onesie disco or film night.
To take part in Onesie Week, call the St Clare fundraising team on 01279 773750 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 2 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime