Wake up to Onesie Week!
- Credit: Archant
Schoolchildren will be swapping their usual uniform to snuggle in their sleepwear for St Clare Hospice’s second annual Onesie Week.
As part of the fundraising campaign – from February 10 to 16 – local schools and youth groups, such as the Brownies and Scouts, are being invited to wear their onesies for the day in exchange for a donation to the Hastingwood-based Hospice.
Last year, Thorn Grove Primary in Bishop’s Stortford was one of the first schools to sign up, raising almost £200 for St Clare.
Headteacher Philippa Roy-Chowdhury said: “The children absolutely loved taking part in Onesie Week and all looked brilliant coming to school in their all-in-ones.
“It was an ideal way to engage them in charity giving in a fun way and to support a local good cause making a real difference to the lives of people in our community.”
You may also want to watch:
In addition to wearing their onesies, organisers are encouraging participants to come up with other fundraising ideas, such as holding a onesie disco or film night.
To take part in Onesie Week, call the St Clare fundraising team on 01279 773750 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal