Walden pub listed in Good Beer Guide 2013
A SAFFRON Walden pub has been listed in the Good Beer Guide 2013 after receiving acclaim for the quality of its real ale.
The Temeraire in the High Street was chosen by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch following regular visits to check on the quality of the real ales on offer.
Branch members also took into account customer service, d�cor and overall atmosphere at the Wetherspoon pub.
A CAMRA spokesman said: “The Temeraire deserves its place in the Good Beer Guide 2013.
“It is our belief that if a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s manager, Mel Melia, said: “I am delighted that The Temeraire has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”
CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2013 was published last Thursday (September 13).