Walden pub listed in Good Beer Guide 2013
A SAFFRON Walden pub has been listed in the Good Beer Guide 2013 after receiving acclaim for the quality of its real ale.
The Temeraire in the High Street was chosen by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch following regular visits to check on the quality of the real ales on offer.
Branch members also took into account customer service, d�cor and overall atmosphere at the Wetherspoon pub.
A CAMRA spokesman said: “The Temeraire deserves its place in the Good Beer Guide 2013.
“It is our belief that if a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s manager, Mel Melia, said: “I am delighted that The Temeraire has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”
CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2013 was published last Thursday (September 13).