Walden pub listed in Good Beer Guide 2013
A SAFFRON Walden pub has been listed in the Good Beer Guide 2013 after receiving acclaim for the quality of its real ale.
The Temeraire in the High Street was chosen by members of the town’s Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) branch following regular visits to check on the quality of the real ales on offer.
Branch members also took into account customer service, d�cor and overall atmosphere at the Wetherspoon pub.
A CAMRA spokesman said: “The Temeraire deserves its place in the Good Beer Guide 2013.
“It is our belief that if a licensee serves an excellent pint of real ale, then everything else in the pub, including customer service, quality of food and atmosphere, are likely to be of an equally high standard.”
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s manager, Mel Melia, said: “I am delighted that The Temeraire has been recognised for the quality of its real ales by CAMRA members.
“We offer our customers an excellent range of real ales at all times, including those from regional brewers and microbrewers, as well as hosting our own beer festivals.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
“Staff at the pub work hard to ensure that the real ales on offer are kept in first-class condition at all times and the pub’s inclusion in the guide highlights this.”
CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2013 was published last Thursday (September 13).