Walden School sets up new French exchange link
- Credit: Archant
A Saffron Walden school has forged a new French exchange partnership following a successful student swap which took place during March.
Walden School has linked up with College Sainte Therese in Quimper, Brittany, a historical town at the heart of Breton culture.
Pupils stayed with host families during their trip before welcoming their French partners back to Saffron Walden for a visit to explore the town and other sights.
While in France, the students were able to brush up on their French speaking and also attended lessons at College Sainte Therese, while exploring the town of Quimper.
Jane Pearce, head of French at Walden School, said: “The exchange was a great success and provided a brilliant opportunity for those who are taking GCSE French to practice their French speaking.
You may also want to watch:
“We look forward to continuing our exchange relationship with Collège Sainte Thérèse with plans already in the pipeline for the next one.”
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes