Walden solicitors raise �4,600 for nine charities
A SAFFRON Walden solicitors firm has raised more than �4,600 for charity after joining a national campaign.
Heckford Norton Solicitors, in Hill Street, joined the Will Aid campaign by offering a basic will to clients who, instead of paying the firm’s usual fee, made a donation to help nine charities.
The cash raised is shared by Actionaid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, SCIAF, Sightsavers and Trocaire.
The firm has participated in the scheme for many years and raised almost �18,000.
Seema Solanki, associate solicitor and head of department, said: “This year has been the busiest and most successful ever.
You may also want to watch:
“We were astonished at how much money was raised in donations and are both happy to have contributed so much personally as well as being delighted at the firm’s overall results.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Fire Service: Pride is a chance to show kindness