Walden solicitors raise �4,600 for nine charities
A SAFFRON Walden solicitors firm has raised more than �4,600 for charity after joining a national campaign.
Heckford Norton Solicitors, in Hill Street, joined the Will Aid campaign by offering a basic will to clients who, instead of paying the firm’s usual fee, made a donation to help nine charities.
The cash raised is shared by Actionaid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, SCIAF, Sightsavers and Trocaire.
The firm has participated in the scheme for many years and raised almost �18,000.
Seema Solanki, associate solicitor and head of department, said: “This year has been the busiest and most successful ever.
You may also want to watch:
“We were astonished at how much money was raised in donations and are both happy to have contributed so much personally as well as being delighted at the firm’s overall results.”
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Covid cases rise but no plans to reopen temporary Essex mortuary