Walden solicitors raise �4,600 for nine charities
A SAFFRON Walden solicitors firm has raised more than �4,600 for charity after joining a national campaign.
Heckford Norton Solicitors, in Hill Street, joined the Will Aid campaign by offering a basic will to clients who, instead of paying the firm’s usual fee, made a donation to help nine charities.
The cash raised is shared by Actionaid, Age UK, British Red Cross, Christian Aid, NSPCC, Save the Children, SCIAF, Sightsavers and Trocaire.
The firm has participated in the scheme for many years and raised almost �18,000.
Seema Solanki, associate solicitor and head of department, said: “This year has been the busiest and most successful ever.
You may also want to watch:
“We were astonished at how much money was raised in donations and are both happy to have contributed so much personally as well as being delighted at the firm’s overall results.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 6 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 7 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival