Walden Taches raise over �3k for Movember
Well, Movember is now over for another year and the upper lips of Walden Taches are returning to normal. The local 14 man team was formed at the end of October to support Movember UK, the challenge being to grow a moustache for the whole of November.
The team has raised �3,104 and is ranked 367th out of a total of 31,673 teams in the UK.
The aim of Movember is to raise vital funds and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer. Funds are directed to programmes run directly by Movember and their men’s health partners, Prostate Cancer UK and the Institute of Cancer Research. Movember work with these partners to ensure that funds are supporting a broad range of innovative, world-class programmes in line with their strategic goals in the areas of awareness and education, survivorship and research.
Walden Taches members included Dennis Cordall, Simon Lloyd, Mark Starte, Peter Riding, Sean O’Sullivan, Malcolm White, David Sheppard, Simon Mortimer, Matthew Brady, David Goodship, Pete Edwards, Andrew Frostick, Rami Hariri and Ian Jamieson.
Top position within the team went to Dennis Cordall who raised an impressive �550 from generous customer donations in his King Street barber shop.
You may also want to watch:
Team Captain, Mark Starte, said: “The whole team has done tremendously well to raise so much money for this very important charity, and I would like to thank them all for their enthusiasm and dedication.
“On behalf of the team, I would also like to thank the many different people who have donated so generously over the last month. The support we have received, including from our very important Mo Sistas, has been tremendous and is greatly appreciated by us all.”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down