Walkers ensure Olympic Legacy in Uttlesford
HARDY walkers from the district celebrated completing a series of walks, organised by Uttlesford District Council and the Essex Legacy Team at the county council.
The ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative celebrated the Olympic year and was designed to improve participants’ fitness.
Walk leader Paul Goddard said: “The Olympic legacy will certainly live on here in Uttlesford. After completing the 60-mile walking programme, many of the participants agreed to meet up again next year and continue their 12-mile walks.”
All walkers completing the final 12-mile walk in Stebbing were treated to tea and cakes.
Goddard added: “It was fantastic to see so many people come along to our walk in Stebbing and, indeed, the whole programme has been a great success. I look forward to our programme next year and hope to see as many people as possible joining us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about planned walks in the district, please contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down