Walkers ensure Olympic Legacy in Uttlesford
HARDY walkers from the district celebrated completing a series of walks, organised by Uttlesford District Council and the Essex Legacy Team at the county council.
The ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative celebrated the Olympic year and was designed to improve participants’ fitness.
Walk leader Paul Goddard said: “The Olympic legacy will certainly live on here in Uttlesford. After completing the 60-mile walking programme, many of the participants agreed to meet up again next year and continue their 12-mile walks.”
All walkers completing the final 12-mile walk in Stebbing were treated to tea and cakes.
Goddard added: “It was fantastic to see so many people come along to our walk in Stebbing and, indeed, the whole programme has been a great success. I look forward to our programme next year and hope to see as many people as possible joining us.”
For more information about planned walks in the district, please contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 District Council leader John Lodge to step down next week
- 2 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 3 Keep your chimney clean warning after blaze in Ashdon
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 6 Community helps with tree planting at Lime Avenue, Saffron Walden
- 7 MP Kemi Badenoch launches 'Buy One More Toy Appeal' for Christmas support
- 8 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 9 Villagers rally behind Elsenham Christmas Market
- 10 Walden has late night shopping and musicians