Walkers ensure Olympic Legacy in Uttlesford
HARDY walkers from the district celebrated completing a series of walks, organised by Uttlesford District Council and the Essex Legacy Team at the county council.
The ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative celebrated the Olympic year and was designed to improve participants’ fitness.
Walk leader Paul Goddard said: “The Olympic legacy will certainly live on here in Uttlesford. After completing the 60-mile walking programme, many of the participants agreed to meet up again next year and continue their 12-mile walks.”
All walkers completing the final 12-mile walk in Stebbing were treated to tea and cakes.
Goddard added: “It was fantastic to see so many people come along to our walk in Stebbing and, indeed, the whole programme has been a great success. I look forward to our programme next year and hope to see as many people as possible joining us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about planned walks in the district, please contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or email email@example.com
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Stations benefit from funding
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month