Walkers ensure Olympic Legacy in Uttlesford
HARDY walkers from the district celebrated completing a series of walks, organised by Uttlesford District Council and the Essex Legacy Team at the county council.
The ‘Walking Your Way to the Games’ initiative celebrated the Olympic year and was designed to improve participants’ fitness.
Walk leader Paul Goddard said: “The Olympic legacy will certainly live on here in Uttlesford. After completing the 60-mile walking programme, many of the participants agreed to meet up again next year and continue their 12-mile walks.”
All walkers completing the final 12-mile walk in Stebbing were treated to tea and cakes.
Goddard added: “It was fantastic to see so many people come along to our walk in Stebbing and, indeed, the whole programme has been a great success. I look forward to our programme next year and hope to see as many people as possible joining us.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information about planned walks in the district, please contact Paul Goddard on 01799 510585 or email email@example.com
- 1 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: almost 300 possible new development sites are submitted
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 6 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 8 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 9 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 10 Residents hand water to stranded drivers after fatal M11 crash