Warhammer fans will enjoy new maze battlefield
BATTLE will commence on a new table-top miniature war game board which has been created exclusively for the town’s first ever maze festival.
Matthew Brady, owner of Game On in Saffron Walden High Street, and assistant Michael Kitchen have been working on the maze-themed Warhammer battlefield since July. The pair have put in over 20 hours into the building and hand painting of the model.
The shop hosts an organised “battle” between game fans every Sunday. Enthusiasts can also paint and learn about the game.
The board – which is a battlefield maze – was designed and built to celebrate the maze festival.
Mr Brady said: “Around 90 per cent of young boys buy Warhammer at some point so we provide these organised days. The board is open all week for those wishing to play unsupervised.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions run from 10am-4pm every Sunday.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 6 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections