Warhammer fans will enjoy new maze battlefield
BATTLE will commence on a new table-top miniature war game board which has been created exclusively for the town’s first ever maze festival.
Matthew Brady, owner of Game On in Saffron Walden High Street, and assistant Michael Kitchen have been working on the maze-themed Warhammer battlefield since July. The pair have put in over 20 hours into the building and hand painting of the model.
The shop hosts an organised “battle” between game fans every Sunday. Enthusiasts can also paint and learn about the game.
The board – which is a battlefield maze – was designed and built to celebrate the maze festival.
Mr Brady said: “Around 90 per cent of young boys buy Warhammer at some point so we provide these organised days. The board is open all week for those wishing to play unsupervised.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions run from 10am-4pm every Sunday.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Thaxted Gardening and Craft Show winners revealed
- 3 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 4 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 5 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 6 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 7 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 8 Saffron Striders take advantage of late summer warmth to stretch their legs far and wide
- 9 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir