Warhammer fans will enjoy new maze battlefield
BATTLE will commence on a new table-top miniature war game board which has been created exclusively for the town’s first ever maze festival.
Matthew Brady, owner of Game On in Saffron Walden High Street, and assistant Michael Kitchen have been working on the maze-themed Warhammer battlefield since July. The pair have put in over 20 hours into the building and hand painting of the model.
The shop hosts an organised “battle” between game fans every Sunday. Enthusiasts can also paint and learn about the game.
The board – which is a battlefield maze – was designed and built to celebrate the maze festival.
Mr Brady said: “Around 90 per cent of young boys buy Warhammer at some point so we provide these organised days. The board is open all week for those wishing to play unsupervised.”
You may also want to watch:
The sessions run from 10am-4pm every Sunday.
- 1 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 2 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 3 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 8 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase