Warmer homes and lower bills for Essex residents
ESSEX County Council as part of the Sustainable Essex Partnership has won an ‘Environmental Excellence’ award for the Home Energy Advisor Training scheme which is offered in the county.
The aim of this scheme is to ensure that Essex residents have the knowledge required to achieve energy efficiency in their homes. This is done by training all Home Improvement Agency (HIA) staff in how to provide this important information which will benefit the residents for year to come.
The 20 staff which have been trained and now have a City and Guild qualification, offer this expert advice regularly visit homes throughout the county. They provide assistance on insulation, thermostatic radiator valves, draft-proofing and heating controls.
This means that residents now save on energy bills, have warmer homes and an increased level of health and well-being as well as the empowerment to control their living conditions. There are currently 500 visits being carried out each month.
County Councillor Tracey Chapman, Cabinet Member for Environment and Waste said: “I would like to congratulate everyone that has worked on this project. The scheme has made a real difference to residents who now have warmer homes and lower bills.
You may also want to watch:
“As winter is nearly upon us, these skills are invaluable and it is great news that our hard work has been recognised in this way.”
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Town council backs new support club
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford