Water issue in Saffron Walden due to burst mains
- Credit: Archant
A burst water mains is causing issues to supplies in Saffron Walden.
Engineers are working to repair the burst main on Bartlow Road.
A spokesman for Affinity Water said: “Our technician has assessed the burst; a repair team have been called and are on their way to carry out the necessary work in order to restore supplies to normal.
“During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.”
You may also want to watch:
They added: “Our repair team are on site, however due to complications with the repair and the need to extend the excavation, this is taking longer than anticipated. We will provide an update and estimate on when this work should be completed as soon as one becomes available.
We are sorry for the disruption to your supply and thank you for your patience.”
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
- 10 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021