Water supply issues for homes around Stansted and Saffron Walden as water mains bursts in Manuden
- Credit: Archant
Homes in Stansted, Saffron Walden and nearby villages are suffering problems with water supply.
Engineers are working to fix a damaged water main in a large field near The Street, Manuden.
A spokesman for Affinity Water said: “If you live in the above area and are experiencing problems with your water supply we have received a number of calls which suggests there may be an issue on our network. Our technician is on their way to investigate and a further update will be provided as soon as possible.
“During this time we ask you not to use any electrical appliances that require a water supply, for example washing machines or dishwashers and to conserve water from storage tanks during the time your water supply is interrupted.
“If you do still have a supply, we would advise you to store some water for drinking, in case your water has to be switched off for a repair to be completed.
You may also want to watch:
“We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and aim to restore your supply to normal as soon as possible.”
An update at 12.30pm said water had been restored by diverting water to the area, but the pressure may not be as strong as normal.
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road