Wayne Weng to launch Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society s 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10. Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College. A priz
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10.
Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College.
A prize winner at the recent Washington International Competition for Piano, his final-round performance was described by the Washington Post as "valiant, passionate and raised the excitement level of the afternoon several notches".
He will perform an exciting mix of works by some of the world's greatest composers including Beethoven, Chopin, Albeniz, and Ravel.
You may also want to watch:
A season of varied, virtuoso delights for the classical music lover continues with a series of string quartets performed by the Soltice Quartet on November 28.
On December 12 a festive concert will be held in St Mary's Church, Linton, by the Classic Buskers, who promise a carol-free zone in their Christmas Show!
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
In the New Year music lovers can also look forward to concerts by the Reinecke Trio who will perform Mozart, the award-winning Jenkinson Farr Duo, and the talented young saxophonist Hannah Marcinowicz.
New members are always welcome to join the Linton Music Society. Members save money on ticket prices and in addition, can take advantage of a free extra concert on April 10 from Saffron Walden Music Club, featuring the young prize-winning clarinettist William Stafford and pianist Hiroaki Takanouchi.
For information about membership, please contact Dr Bruce Conochie, 01223 894460.
Further information about all concerts and the Linton Music Society is available by visiting www.lintonmusic.org.uk
Tickets for the concert on Saturday October 10 cost �10 for adults, �2 for students, and �22 for a family ticket (two adults and two children). They are available on the door, or in advance by telephoning 01223 893480 or from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton.