Wayne Weng to launch Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society s 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10. Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College. A priz
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10.
Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College.
A prize winner at the recent Washington International Competition for Piano, his final-round performance was described by the Washington Post as "valiant, passionate and raised the excitement level of the afternoon several notches".
He will perform an exciting mix of works by some of the world's greatest composers including Beethoven, Chopin, Albeniz, and Ravel.
A season of varied, virtuoso delights for the classical music lover continues with a series of string quartets performed by the Soltice Quartet on November 28.
On December 12 a festive concert will be held in St Mary's Church, Linton, by the Classic Buskers, who promise a carol-free zone in their Christmas Show!
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 3 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 4 Saffron Striders impress, Thompson strikes gold
- 5 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 6 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 7 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 10 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
In the New Year music lovers can also look forward to concerts by the Reinecke Trio who will perform Mozart, the award-winning Jenkinson Farr Duo, and the talented young saxophonist Hannah Marcinowicz.
New members are always welcome to join the Linton Music Society. Members save money on ticket prices and in addition, can take advantage of a free extra concert on April 10 from Saffron Walden Music Club, featuring the young prize-winning clarinettist William Stafford and pianist Hiroaki Takanouchi.
For information about membership, please contact Dr Bruce Conochie, 01223 894460.
Further information about all concerts and the Linton Music Society is available by visiting www.lintonmusic.org.uk
Tickets for the concert on Saturday October 10 cost �10 for adults, �2 for students, and �22 for a family ticket (two adults and two children). They are available on the door, or in advance by telephoning 01223 893480 or from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton.