Wayne Weng to launch Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society s 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10. Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College. A priz
A VIRTUOSO pianist will launch the Linton Music Society's 50th anniversary season with a concert on Saturday October 10.
Taiwanese-Canadian musician Wayne Weng will perform a packed programme of piano favourites at 7.30pm at Linton Village College.
A prize winner at the recent Washington International Competition for Piano, his final-round performance was described by the Washington Post as "valiant, passionate and raised the excitement level of the afternoon several notches".
He will perform an exciting mix of works by some of the world's greatest composers including Beethoven, Chopin, Albeniz, and Ravel.
You may also want to watch:
A season of varied, virtuoso delights for the classical music lover continues with a series of string quartets performed by the Soltice Quartet on November 28.
On December 12 a festive concert will be held in St Mary's Church, Linton, by the Classic Buskers, who promise a carol-free zone in their Christmas Show!
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 10 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
In the New Year music lovers can also look forward to concerts by the Reinecke Trio who will perform Mozart, the award-winning Jenkinson Farr Duo, and the talented young saxophonist Hannah Marcinowicz.
New members are always welcome to join the Linton Music Society. Members save money on ticket prices and in addition, can take advantage of a free extra concert on April 10 from Saffron Walden Music Club, featuring the young prize-winning clarinettist William Stafford and pianist Hiroaki Takanouchi.
For information about membership, please contact Dr Bruce Conochie, 01223 894460.
Further information about all concerts and the Linton Music Society is available by visiting www.lintonmusic.org.uk
Tickets for the concert on Saturday October 10 cost �10 for adults, �2 for students, and �22 for a family ticket (two adults and two children). They are available on the door, or in advance by telephoning 01223 893480 or from Sweet Talk News, 77 High Street, Linton.