WD40 sales increase 300 per cent during cold snap
AS the Big Freeze brings the country to a standstill, one business is reporting an unusually large increase in sales. Lubricant specialists WD-40 is fast becoming a favourite of motorists, homeowners and businesses for its de-icing qualities, helping th
AS the 'Big Freeze' brings the country to a standstill, one business is reporting an unusually large increase in sales.
Lubricant specialists WD-40 is fast becoming a favourite of motorists, homeowners and businesses for its de-icing qualities, helping the nation get back on track.
Normally used to fix dirty, jammed, rusty, squeaky or damp problems, a simple squirt of the famous WD-40 yellow and blue can frees frozen car locks, loosens padlocks and prevents windscreen washer spray nozzles from freezing.
WD-40's senior brand manager, Neil Gow, said: "As people and businesses struggle to cope with the cold weather, many are now discovering extra uses found a can of WD-40 can provide.
You may also want to watch:
"With over 2000 uses, WD-40 is a product everyone just can't do without, whatever the weather.
"Sales are increasing at a phenomenal rate, with projections of a 300 per cent increase on January 2009."
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 3 Buses replace trains while train tracks are replaced
- 4 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 5 Electric cars for SMT GB staff
- 6 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 7 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
- 8 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
Other ways WD-40 can help with during cold weather include:
� Spraying on pipes and plumbing joints to stop them freezing
� Prevents snow sticking to shovels
� Keeps snow from sticking to satellite dishes/patio door runners
� Helps start wet damp engines
WD-40's European managing director, Bill Noble, said: "While the company is delighted with the sales increase, it's taking precautions to help staff and their families.
"All staff are being given extra cans of WD-40 for personal use to help them stay safe this winter.