Wear your wedding dress night at Saffron Screen
IT will certainly be a night to remember! On Friday November 9, Saffron Screen is hosting a ‘Wear Your Wedding Dress’ night in aid of The Rosie Hospital Campaign.
Doors will open at 7pm with the film Bridesmaids (15) being screened at 8pm. Tickets are �12 to include a glass of fizz and nibbles. There will be a raffle and all proceeds will go to The Rosie Maternity Hospital.
This creative fundraising idea was the brainchild of Sue Dougan, presenter on BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, whose son Tom required treatment at The Rosie following his birth in 2011.
She explains: “Wear Your Wedding Dress Night was inspired by the episode of Friends where the girls sit around in their wedding dresses and watch old movies whilst eating popcorn.
“This evening is a chance to legitimately wear your wedding frock – or your bridesmaid dress – or your mother of the bride outfit – or whatever, and have a bit of girly fun. It doesn’t matter if it’s hideously out of fashion, or you’ve since dyed it or it doesn’t quite fit – that’s part of the story!
You may also want to watch:
“Feel free to borrow one or raid the local charity shop for a sample. When else will you get the chance to wear it again?”
The film Bridesmaids is a hilarious comedy portraying a motley crew of 30-somethings thrown together for what becomes wedding-related meltdown like no other. A stiletto-sharp, raunchy female counterpart to the likes of The Hangover.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 3 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Thaxted Rangers boosted by Co-op donation
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
The Rosie Hospital Campaign is raising money to support an extension to this renowned maternity hospital. A new purpose-built, three-storey facility will expand the facilities and improve maternity and neonatal services to meet the anticipated increases in both the quantity and complexity of cases.
More information on the campaign can be found at therosiecampaign.org.uk.
• Tickets for the event are �12 and are available from the cinema box office, Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre, or online at saffronscreen.com.