Weather warning issued for ice and snow in Essex and Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Forecasters have issued a yellow weather warning for possible snow and ice across the region today and tomorrow.
The Met Office warns showers of sleet and snow are likely at times during Sunday and overnight into Monday.
Essex and Suffolk are most likely to see snowy showers – generally a mix of sleet and hail near the coastline – towards the end of the warning period, which runs from 10.55am today (Sunday) until midday Monday.
The warning also covers Scotland and the north of England, which is expected to be the worst affected.
Accumulations of 0-2cm of snow are likely in places at low levels, but locally 2-5cm over hills and where showers become aligned in bands.
You may also want to watch:
Ice will be an additional hazard overnight, particularly after showers.
The Met Office said: “Ice will also be a hazard on untreated surfaces, particularly between showers overnight, with those areas just inland from the coasts of eastern and southeast England at particular risk as the showers will fall as a wintry mix.”
- 1 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 2 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 3 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 4 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 7 Peter Holt is appointed as the new district council chief executive
- 8 'It feels brilliant to be back' - Aladdin announced as Cambridge Arts Theatre's full-scale Christmas pantomime
- 9 Opera superstar opens world-class season of entertainment lined up at Saffron Hall
- 10 Your pictures as Essex goes 'Back to School'