Share your memories - 25th anniversary of 1987 great storm is approaching
Can you remember where you were when the great storm of Friday, October 16, 1987 hit?
If so, then we want to hear your stories and see your photos.
We are producing a series of specials online to mark the 25th anniversary of the October storms.
Were you one of the unfortunate people who had a tree land on their property? Did you have to continue working through the storm? Or were you involved in helping people who had been badly affected?
We are particularly looking for video footage of the storm, which we can share with our online readers.
The storm saw gusts of over 100mph batter the south and east of England, claiming the lives of 18 people, mainly in the worst-hit areas of southern England.
The Met Office estimates that around 15 million trees were blown down around the country, with thousands of homes left without power for more than 24 hours.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 4 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
If you have got memories of the storm to share, please email our Digital Editor, Catherine Gill at firstname.lastname@example.org