Wedding open day at Cressing Temple Barns
THE stunning medieval barns at Cressing Temple are opening the gates for a wedding open day this month.
On Sunday September 16, the idyllic venue, with its floral lined and scented Tudor Walled Garden, will be dressed up ready to showcase how it can captivate the moment for happy couples.
Essex County Council-run Cressing Temple is a venue that offers couples a full Civil Licence for an inclusive wedding package. In the barn up to 130 guests can be seated while an intimate ceremony in the gardens can seat a party of up to 40.
The barns also make the perfect setting for wedding breakfasts and evening receptions as a hire-only venue. With a select list of caterers to hand, Cressing Temple can also recommend tempting menus to suit all budgets.
County Cllr Jeremy Lucas, cabinet member for Customer Services, Environment and Culture, said: “The gardens and barns at Cressing Temple are renowned for their beauty and heritage. The tranquil and peaceful setting of the venue make Cressing Temple a highly desirable location for weddings.”
You may also want to watch:
As part of its inclusive package, Cressing Temple can offer guidance and advice towards the planning of a wedding day.
While visitors to the open day will not only be able to view the barns and grounds, but will also have the opportunity to speak with a selection of wedding services who will be on-hand at the event.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
The open day is a free event for visitors. Couples wanting an appointment with a wedding co-ordinator should call 01376 584 903.