Weekend weather forecast for East of England
TEMPERATURES are predicted to be a maximum of 2�C in the East of England over the weekend, with a wind-chill making it feel bitterly cold. With recent snowfall and showers the public is advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for furt
TEMPERATURES are predicted to be a maximum of 2�C in the East of England over the weekend, with a wind-chill making it feel bitterly cold.
With recent snowfall and showers the public is advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice regarding traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.
Overview for the region
You may also want to watch:
Remaining very cold with further snow showers.
Today (Saturday January 9)
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 7 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 8 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Generally rather cloudy with risk of further snow showers. These are expected to become more widespread in the south later. Feeling bitterly cold in the strong easterly wind. Maximum temperature 2�C.
With winds from the North East at 28 km/h and a low temperature of -1�C the night will be extremely cold.
Tomorrow (Sunday January 10)
Featuring snow and showers with a high of 1�C and a low of -1�C over night. Winds from the North East at 27 km/h will make this a chilly night.