Welly walkers raise cash for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
A GROUP of 80 adults and children enjoyed a guided Welly Walk to raise money for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
This was the charity’s third Welly Walk held around Danbury Park and it is expected to have raised over �2,000.
Kaci Kilpin, aged nine, asked her family and school friends to sponsor her after her mum, Nicola Brewer, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has raised over �165.
Nicola has been visiting the charity’s Essex Cancer Support Centre in Springfield, Chelmsford.
She said: “The staff at the centre are fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s head of fundraising Angela Lodge said: “Danbury Park was a great venue for the Welly Walk.”
To find out more about the charity and the Essex Cancer Support Centre visit helenrollason.org.uk
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 10 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert