Welly walkers raise cash for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
A GROUP of 80 adults and children enjoyed a guided Welly Walk to raise money for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
This was the charity’s third Welly Walk held around Danbury Park and it is expected to have raised over �2,000.
Kaci Kilpin, aged nine, asked her family and school friends to sponsor her after her mum, Nicola Brewer, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has raised over �165.
Nicola has been visiting the charity’s Essex Cancer Support Centre in Springfield, Chelmsford.
She said: “The staff at the centre are fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s head of fundraising Angela Lodge said: “Danbury Park was a great venue for the Welly Walk.”
To find out more about the charity and the Essex Cancer Support Centre visit helenrollason.org.uk
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs