Welly walkers raise cash for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
A GROUP of 80 adults and children enjoyed a guided Welly Walk to raise money for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity.
This was the charity’s third Welly Walk held around Danbury Park and it is expected to have raised over �2,000.
Kaci Kilpin, aged nine, asked her family and school friends to sponsor her after her mum, Nicola Brewer, was diagnosed with breast cancer. She has raised over �165.
Nicola has been visiting the charity’s Essex Cancer Support Centre in Springfield, Chelmsford.
She said: “The staff at the centre are fantastic.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity’s head of fundraising Angela Lodge said: “Danbury Park was a great venue for the Welly Walk.”
To find out more about the charity and the Essex Cancer Support Centre visit helenrollason.org.uk
- 1 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 7 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash