What’s on: Meet war veterans at Duxford Imperial War Museum
VETERANS who have fought in battles across the globe from the second world war to Afghanistan will be sharing their stories at Duxford Imperial War Museum.
The heroes include members of the Royal Air Force, Army and Royal Navy along with British and Belgian resistance fighters.
Visitors can hear about the diverse range of experiences that these veterans underwent during very different conflicts and how those events made a lasting impact on their lives.
Between them, they have served in most of the major war zones of the past 60 years including the neglected Malayan conflict, the Korean War, Northern Ireland and the Falklands War.
They will be ready and willing to chat about their extraordinary experiences on Sunday August 19, Tuesday 21, Wednesday 22 and Thursday August 23.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors will be able to catch them between 11am and 1pm in the AirSpace exhibit.
Visit the website, iwm.org.uk, for information on all summer holiday activities at the museum.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival