Where’s Wally? Somewhere in Saffron Walden throughout July...
- Credit: Archant
WHERE’S Wally will be popping up in Saffron Walden next month when he makes an appearance at various businesses and community spots in the town.
The much-loved children’s book character, complete with striped shirt and black-rimmed specs, will be in town as part of The Saffron Walden Wally Hunt – an event organised by Harts Book Room to mark Independent Booksellers’ Week.
Starting on Monday July 1, Wally hunters will have until July 27 to spot all the mini Wally’s on display at:
• Abracadabra Teddy Bears
• Beauty, Bump & Baby
You may also want to watch:
• Chew and Osborne
• Chisnalls Delicatessen
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 4 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
- 10 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
• Ferguson’s Fine Foods
• Game On
• Harts Book Room
• Saffron Sports
• Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre
• Saffron Walden Library
Those who find him can win prizes, including Wally stickers, books and posters.
To take part, hunters need to pick up a ‘Find Wally!’ search list at any of the places listed above.
Collecting cards and handing them in at Harts Book Room will win Wally stickers and an entry for a Where’s Wally? Grand Prize to be drawn at Saffron Walden Library on Saturday July 27.
In celebration of Wally’s longevity and popularity, the publisher, Walker Books, is teaming up with the Booksellers Association’s Indiebound ‘Get Local’ campaign and 100 independent bookshops across the country, including Harts Book Room in Saffron Walden, to encourage people to have fun and visit local businesses.
For more information about searching for Wally in Saffron Walden, call Harts Book Room on 01799 523456 or e-mail email@example.com