Where to see fireworks in Uttlesford 2016
- Credit: Archant
Looking for a fireworks display in Uttlesford? Check out our handy guide to some of the great events which are taking place around the district next weekend.
Friday, November 4: Newport, Frambury Lane Sports Field. Theme: School Daze.Food stalls. Entry 6.30pm. Fireworks 7.45pm. Advance tickets £5 adult, £4 children (three to 12) from Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre in the Market Square. 01799 524002 or Nisa and public houses in Newport.On the gate: adult £6, child £5. Under threes admitted free.
Friday, November 4: Little Canfield, Button Seed Meadow. Gates 5.45pm. Fireworks 6.30pm. Refreshments. Tickets on the gate or from The One Stop in Friars Green or Takeley News on the Four Ashes Crossroads. £4 or £2 for school age children.
Saturday, November 5: Saffron Walden Common. Free entry. Organised by Saffron Walden Round Table. Gates 6pm. Firewords and entertainments 7pm. Bucket collections for charity. Food stalls, funfair.
Saturday, November 5: Great Dunmow, Recreation Ground. Fireworks to music, bonfire, barbecue and bar. Organised by Great Dunmow Round Table. Early bird tickets until October 29 at £4 adults £2 children, £10 family. Advance tickets after that £5 adults £2.50, £12.50 family. On the gate £6 adults, £3 children, £15 family. Book on www.greatdunmowroundtable.co.uk.
You may also want to watch:
Saturday, November 5: Great Bardfield, Recreation Ground. Gates 5.30pm. Fireworks 7pm. One child admitted free with adult ticket bought in advance at £5. On the gate, adults £5 and children £2. Tickets from Great Bardfield Co-op, Between the Lines Bookshop, or the Vine until November 2.
Saturday, November 5: Hatfield Broad Oak, the field behind St Mary’s Church. Barbecue 5.30pm. Fireworks 6pm. £5 adults, £4 children.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Saturday, November 5: Little Chesterford, the field behind the village hall. Food 6pm, bonfire 6.15pm, fireworks 6.45pm. Free entry, donations invited.
Saturday, November 5: Linton, the field behind Linton Infant School: Gates 6pm, bonfire 6.30pm, fireworks 7pm. Advance tickets £4 or £10 family from Sweet Talk News orThe Acorn Garage in Abingdon. Or £5 and £12 on the night. See: www.lintonfireworks.co.uk.
Sunday, November 6: Clavering, Jubilee Field. 4.30pm for food and drink (no entry after 5.50pm). Fireworks 6pm. Tickets in advance from The Fox and Hounds, Clavering. Aduts £5, concessions £2.50 or family of four £13. Prices higher on the gate.