Will Young wows the crowd at Audley End
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect – other than it would probably rain. Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many p
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect - other than it would probably rain.
Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many people had turned out.
The crowd covered the entire hill behind the main house and had all come out prepared with picnics and even tables to layout their delicious looking spreads. There was also more than enough outside catering and drinks on offer.
The atmosphere made it a great evening and the crowd was really looking forward to seeing Will Young on stage; he did not disappoint.
Will started at 8pm and gave a full hour-and-a-half performance, singing all his current and past hits. I was impressed by just how good his voice was and was not tarnished by the outdoor setting.
He sang and interacted with the audience as we sat and listened while watching the sun go down, an experience to remember.
- 1 Red, white and blue: Royal theme for Saffron Walden windows
- 2 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 3 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 4 Platinum Jubilee: Uttlesford street party and activities
- 5 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Outdoor theatre shows for all the family set for the National Trust's Hatfield Forest this summer
- 7 Saffron Walden U13 Girls celebrate 3-0 victory
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 10 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone looking a fantastic day and evening out to make a point of getting down to the next available show. The great thing is, whether it's a romantic evening for two or a family evening out, it's definitely the place to be. The evening was ended by a lovely fireworks display.
By Brett Jee