Will Young wows the crowd at Audley End
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect – other than it would probably rain. Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many p
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect - other than it would probably rain.
Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many people had turned out.
The crowd covered the entire hill behind the main house and had all come out prepared with picnics and even tables to layout their delicious looking spreads. There was also more than enough outside catering and drinks on offer.
The atmosphere made it a great evening and the crowd was really looking forward to seeing Will Young on stage; he did not disappoint.
You may also want to watch:
Will started at 8pm and gave a full hour-and-a-half performance, singing all his current and past hits. I was impressed by just how good his voice was and was not tarnished by the outdoor setting.
He sang and interacted with the audience as we sat and listened while watching the sun go down, an experience to remember.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 6 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 7 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 8 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone looking a fantastic day and evening out to make a point of getting down to the next available show. The great thing is, whether it's a romantic evening for two or a family evening out, it's definitely the place to be. The evening was ended by a lovely fireworks display.
By Brett Jee