Will Young wows the crowd at Audley End
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect – other than it would probably rain. Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many p
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect - other than it would probably rain.
Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many people had turned out.
The crowd covered the entire hill behind the main house and had all come out prepared with picnics and even tables to layout their delicious looking spreads. There was also more than enough outside catering and drinks on offer.
The atmosphere made it a great evening and the crowd was really looking forward to seeing Will Young on stage; he did not disappoint.
You may also want to watch:
Will started at 8pm and gave a full hour-and-a-half performance, singing all his current and past hits. I was impressed by just how good his voice was and was not tarnished by the outdoor setting.
He sang and interacted with the audience as we sat and listened while watching the sun go down, an experience to remember.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone looking a fantastic day and evening out to make a point of getting down to the next available show. The great thing is, whether it's a romantic evening for two or a family evening out, it's definitely the place to be. The evening was ended by a lovely fireworks display.
By Brett Jee