Will Young wows the crowd at Audley End
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect – other than it would probably rain. Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many p
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect - other than it would probably rain.
Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many people had turned out.
The crowd covered the entire hill behind the main house and had all come out prepared with picnics and even tables to layout their delicious looking spreads. There was also more than enough outside catering and drinks on offer.
The atmosphere made it a great evening and the crowd was really looking forward to seeing Will Young on stage; he did not disappoint.
You may also want to watch:
Will started at 8pm and gave a full hour-and-a-half performance, singing all his current and past hits. I was impressed by just how good his voice was and was not tarnished by the outdoor setting.
He sang and interacted with the audience as we sat and listened while watching the sun go down, an experience to remember.
- 1 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 2 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 3 New Local Plan: 'Housing and transport should be planned together'
- 4 Red engraved gem from iron ring is older than was previously thought
- 5 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 6 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Town council backs new support club
- 9 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 10 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone looking a fantastic day and evening out to make a point of getting down to the next available show. The great thing is, whether it's a romantic evening for two or a family evening out, it's definitely the place to be. The evening was ended by a lovely fireworks display.
By Brett Jee