Will Young wows the crowd at Audley End
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect – other than it would probably rain. Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many p
HAVING never been to an Audley End concert before I was a bit unsure what to expect - other than it would probably rain.
Fortunately the weather held and it turned out to be an amazing evening. On our arrival I was pleasantly surprised at just how many people had turned out.
The crowd covered the entire hill behind the main house and had all come out prepared with picnics and even tables to layout their delicious looking spreads. There was also more than enough outside catering and drinks on offer.
The atmosphere made it a great evening and the crowd was really looking forward to seeing Will Young on stage; he did not disappoint.
You may also want to watch:
Will started at 8pm and gave a full hour-and-a-half performance, singing all his current and past hits. I was impressed by just how good his voice was and was not tarnished by the outdoor setting.
He sang and interacted with the audience as we sat and listened while watching the sun go down, an experience to remember.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 7 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
I would whole-heartedly recommend anyone looking a fantastic day and evening out to make a point of getting down to the next available show. The great thing is, whether it's a romantic evening for two or a family evening out, it's definitely the place to be. The evening was ended by a lovely fireworks display.
By Brett Jee