Win a bike: Saffron Building Society launches ‘Design a bike’ competition ahead of Tour de France
- Credit: Getty Images
To celebrate the arrival of the world’s greatest cycle race, Saffron Building Society, in association with Newdales, is giving children in the area the chance to win a fantastic new bike of their own.
Children, up to the age of 16, are asked to design and decorate a bike template. The winning design will be picked by Saffron’s chief executive Jon Hall, with the prize being a bike, up to the value of £250, supplied by Newdales in Saffron Walden. If the bike is less than £250, the total can be made up in bike accessories.
The chosen design will also be displayed as a poster in branches of Saffron Building Society.
Mr Hall said: “Excitement about the race is really building across Essex. Many of the team at Saffron are ardent sportspeople themselves and we are keen to encourage children into sport wherever possible.
“We hope that young people will be inspired to enter the competition and we are looking forward to seeing their designs.”
You may also want to watch:
Flyers with the template to colour/design and full entry details will be available in the Saffron Walden, Haverhill, Dunmow, Halstead and Royston branches of Saffron Building Society. The closing date for entries is midday on July 16 and the winner will be notified by July 18.
Boxes will be available in branch for the designs to be submitted. Alternatively, a PDF of the template is available online at saffronbs.co.uk and entries can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival