WIN tickets to see Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company’s opening night production of Fiddler on the Roof
- Credit: Archant
The timeless Broadway classic Fiddler on the Roof will be coming to Saffron Walden Town Hall – and the Reporter has tickets to give away for the opening night.
The musical score is among the greatest in musical theatre, and the story, although quite sad, is moving and at times very funny. Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company will be performing the show from March 11-15. The show is full of wonderful songs – Sunrise Sunset, Matchmaker Matchmaker, If I were a rich man and Sabbath Prayer to name a few – performed by a cast of almost 30 people ranging from children to adults.
The story revolves around Tevye and Golde his wife, who are searching for appropriate husbands for their three eldest daughters. In a break in tradition, the daughters refuse to accept the wishes of the matchmaker, Yente, and their father and instead marry men for love. Meanwhile, Russians are instigating terrible pogroms, and at the end the Jews of Anatevka are forced to leave their homes.
Tickets, £10 for adults, are available from saffrontickets.com or the Tourist Information Centre.
To WIN a pair of tickets to the opening night on March 11, simply answer the following question:
You may also want to watch:
Which actor took the title role of Tevye in the 1971 film version of Fiddler on The Roof?
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
E-mail your answer to email@example.com by noon on Monday, March 10. Please include your name, address and a daytime contact telephone number.