WIN tickets to see Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company’s opening night production of Fiddler on the Roof
- Credit: Archant
The timeless Broadway classic Fiddler on the Roof will be coming to Saffron Walden Town Hall – and the Reporter has tickets to give away for the opening night.
The musical score is among the greatest in musical theatre, and the story, although quite sad, is moving and at times very funny. Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company will be performing the show from March 11-15. The show is full of wonderful songs – Sunrise Sunset, Matchmaker Matchmaker, If I were a rich man and Sabbath Prayer to name a few – performed by a cast of almost 30 people ranging from children to adults.
The story revolves around Tevye and Golde his wife, who are searching for appropriate husbands for their three eldest daughters. In a break in tradition, the daughters refuse to accept the wishes of the matchmaker, Yente, and their father and instead marry men for love. Meanwhile, Russians are instigating terrible pogroms, and at the end the Jews of Anatevka are forced to leave their homes.
Tickets, £10 for adults, are available from saffrontickets.com or the Tourist Information Centre.
To WIN a pair of tickets to the opening night on March 11, simply answer the following question:
You may also want to watch:
Which actor took the title role of Tevye in the 1971 film version of Fiddler on The Roof?
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 7 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
E-mail your answer to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Monday, March 10. Please include your name, address and a daytime contact telephone number.